When we walk our dog, no matter the destination – on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces – it is necessary that he respects the disciplinary rules settled before and learned, to avoid getting into problems with other animals or people we meet.
So let’s see how our little friend will have to act in some situations:
1. Usually, in crowded places we will keep him in a leash, to always have him under control. So he will have to know how to walk in a leash, near your foot, without pulling.
2. The dog is not allowed to jump on people or animals met or to attack any of those, as long as he isn’t aggressed.
3. The dog shouldn’t run after bicycles, motorcycles, cars or people that are running. It is know that some dogs do that because of their hunting instincts.
4. When we let the dog free, to relax, it is crucial that when he is called he return on the shortest way and as fast as possible.
5. At a picnic, the dog is not allowed to pass thought other people’s carpets or to eat their food.
6. Wherever our dog might be, he is not to be allowed to eat food given by someone else or food found thrown around.
7. Generally, small dogs are more spoiled than big dogs and they are more aggressive, anti-social and afraid of other people or dogs. The ones to blame are the owners that often amuse themselves when they see their dogs acting this way. This way the dogs get to barking and even biting their own owner.
8. The dog must have the initial training learned and practiced, so we would have no problems when walking him.
9. All through the walk, the dog is not to chew on his leash or to pull it with his teeth, because it might happen that he is tied somewhere alone and he will chew on it until he becomes free and gets lost.
10. The dog is not allowed to jump up and out his front paws on us or others even if he is just playing.
11. Pay attention to drunken people! Many times the smell, the walk and the yelling of drunken people annoy the dog. The dog is to loose his reality sense and his instincts and therefore they won’t pay attention to any of our advices. Some drunken people are even aggressive to dogs. Stay away from them as much as possible.
Watch Diesel “El Jefe” a 3-1/2 month old Bully puppy Treadmill training with Moe. BullyBadAssTV
Moe is proclaimed by others a sort of Dog Whisperer. The most important things to watch for in this treadmill training video is that there is no leash on Diesel which took about 1 month of training with a leash to get there. The 2nd thing to watch for is the dismount; see how an assertive and calm demeanor by Moe allows for Diesel to sit before running right off the treadmill. He sits and waits for direction and at this point he receives praise for a job well done. Good work Diesel!
Dog Chanel,Dog,northern,virginia,dog,trainers,new,hampshire,north carolina,washington,dc,baltimore,trainingdog,in puppy,obedience,west,marylandnorthern,virginia,dog,trainers,new,hampshire,north carolina,washington,dc,baltimore,trainingdog,in puppy,obedience,west,maryland,northern virginia dog trainers, virginia dog trainers,washington dc dog trainers,baltimore dog training,dog trainers in virginia, puppies,agility,make,class classes,sit,down,canine,trainer,bark,your,heel come,speak,obey,fetch,rollover,beg,lie,jacksonville
Housetraining a puppy or kitten takes a lot of patience! But with these tips from Nancy of Grady Veterinary Hospital, you’re sure to see progress quickly. Kittens and puppies require different approaches for housetraining– learn about both in this helpful pet video!